|Because not a week can go by without my being in awe of the sunset|
1. First game of the season. Sunday was my first outdoor game of cricket this year and true to form we had hail so hard that it stung. However after a couple of breaks we managed to get a game in. It was also my first as captain, but I was very proud of all the players. We came up 7 runs short, but my star player was a 12 year old on debut. Very proud of her bowling. It's great getting back into playing and having a squad of lovely ladies around me.
2. Singing. I coached with one of my best friends this week. We talk about music a lot and we're always exchanging song recommendations. Often the song choices reflect our mood. So on Saturday when we were both singing as we coached I knew it was a good day for us both. I was singing S Club 7 (obviously) whilst he was banging out the classics. We then 'harmonised' on a rendition of Purple Rain. The players thought we were bonkers. Maybe we are, but we were happy, they were happy.
3. Reading. My job currently leaves me pockets of time between sessions. I have been utilising these recently to read a few pages. I'm reading books that will further me and that I'm really interested in. Sometimes I need a book I can just escape into and I choose and an easy fiction, but at the minute I'm enjoying learning. Being challenged and made to think by a book is making me wish those pockets of time were a little longer.
4. Getting warm again. I've already spoken about how blooming cold it's been, but that does mean that when you get warm it feels even better. Yesterday I spent the whole day outside and by the time I got in at 8pm I couldn't feel my hands anymore. Cue a massive mug of hot chocolate, a bacon sandwich and curling up in my PJs. Problem solved.
5.Last Friday I had completed my first full week of my new job and I decided that was worth celebrating. I treated myself to my favourite toastie (brie, bacon and redcurrant jelly for those who I haven't already extolled the virtues at yet) in the best tea room ever. Wortham Tea Shop is just off the village green and the staff are great. I paired it with an apple juice. When I say apple juice, I mean the cloudy, sharp, real good stuff. Then the trays of cakes were looking lonely so I had a chocolate brownie. I got my book out again and ended up having a conversation about cricket with some of the other diners as they'd clocked my book.
6. My Mad Fat Diary. I don't mind telling you that this week I have watched every single episode of the show. I think it blimming brilliant. There's no other show that I can think of that portrays mental health as such a predominant aspect, but treats each character as a person beyond that. The quote that struck me the most was 'Everyone is the protagonist in their own story'. Everybody has got a story to tell, everyone has issues they struggle with, but it was Rae's friends and support system that allowed her to be independent.
That's all for this week folks. I hope you week has treated you well and please do share what has been making you smile. Either comment below, share on twitter with #wonderfulwednesday and mosing over to see the rest of the gang's posts: Sally, Michelle, Jo, Emma, Helen, Cat and Katie. They never fail to make me smile.