Friday, 31 March 2017

Spring Studying



On a sunny Monday morning there was no part of me that wanted to stay inside. However, my mountain of coursework dictated that work must be done. So the next best thing was to gather up all my textbooks and find somewhere to work outside. There's something about being outside and the sunshine that makes me so much more motivated.

Unfortunately there's a lack of green spaces on my university campus as it's right in the middle of the city so I headed to our nearest park. Beaumont Park is less than 10 minute walk from my house so it's a lovely break from the business of the city. I mentioned this park back in the Autumn and it was lovely to look back and see the changes in the park.


Spring had definitely sprung in the park and carpets of daffodils bloomed under the trees. The sun was so warm that I didn't even need my cardi and I could roll up the legs of my dungarees. The horse chestnuts were bursting out in foliage. It reminded me of my mum. In the Spring when we were little she would spend the whole time stopping us at every horse chestnut and tell us 'the sticky buds are popping'. I'm so grateful she's given me this appreciation of nature.



The rest of the week has not had the sunny days on Monday, but at least that does mean the library doesn't feel so confining. Where's your favourite place to study? Is getting outside important to you?


Kate xx

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, sunny photos here Kate and I love those flashes of green at your park - it's always the best way to do some studying I find! When I was at uni and the weather got warmer I would always pack my rucksack and sit outside on the campus green to get my work done, and it definitely helped. I can't wait for it get warmer and sunnier now and to see the rest of the flowers spring up! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately my campus is pretty concrete so parks are my go to! I'm loving this warmer weather we're having.
      xx

      Delete
  2. What lovely Spring shots, the park sounds wonderful at this time of year. Such a great idea to go and study outside!
    Peta x
    www.pe-ta.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peta, it definitely made me more motivated xx

      Delete