Friday, 10 March 2017

Wonderful Wednesday #50


I've made it to 50 of these little wonderful Wednesday posts and for that I'm giving myself a pat on the back. Who knew I could keep up, sometimes doggy paddling through treacle whilst Micheal Phelps cruises along in the fast lane, but always keeping going. Sometimes I confuse myself with my metaphors, that one is a little niche! What I'm trying to say is 50 is a pretty huge number and lots and lots of wonderful. We should be thankful to the lovely Sally for inspiring the start of the happiest little gang of wonderful Wednesdayers.

1. Birthday. On Tuesday I had my 22nd birthday. My flatmates woke me early with presents and met me off the us from placement. They'd filled me room with balloons and had plenty of festivities planned. I spent the evening surrounded by the lovely people I have met here at uni. The only downfall was apparently when you reach 22 the worst hangovers in the world kick in!

2. Smores pancake. Possibly my best cooking moment ever. I have been shovelling pancakes into my mouth since pancake day. Every year I remember how good pancakes are and just want them for every meal. The best topping ever though - spread nutella over them then sprinkle marshmallows on top. Zap in the microwave so the marshmallows go all gooey. So good!

3. Cricket. Ok so I know this one always features, but food and cricket pretty much are my life. Last weekend I played the final of the league that our uni team are in. Last year the uni didn't win a single game so we've done so well to get to the final and although we lost it was such a close game. I'm proud to be part of such a great team of friends. Afterwards we went for a meal and sat laughing for hours. Teammates who become friends are the best.

4. Ed's new album. I have not stopped listening to it since it was released. It's such a mix of catchy tunes and ones that punch you right in the feels.

5. The faintest rainbows. On Sunday morning I woke up in that comfy, warm state where I could just hear the rain on my skylight. As I woke up properly from dosing I looked up and saw the faintest rainbow as the sun tried to push through the clouds.

6. Powerbounce. I'm such an advocate for trying new exercise so when I saw a have a go class for powerbounce on campus I gathered my team of girls and signed up. Yes well though we were going to fall through or off the mini trampolines, yes we didn't look anything like the instructor as we flailed out of time and yes it was hard work, but we laughed together and realised that we actually could do it and had lots of fun. Why not try something new this week?

Well that's all for now folks. It's been another busy week and I'm taking my birthday as the excuse for being late! However, these lovely ladies were smack bang on time and made my Wednesday reading so much better. Go read now:  JoHelenMichelleSarahKateCatSamEl KerriMimmiMartina , Peta and Kelly! Share your thoughts on twitter (#wonderfulwednesday) or in the comments.

Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment