Wednesday, 15 March 2017

Wonderful Wednesday #51

Today's Wonderful Wednesday is written at 6am from my childhood bedroom. This week has been rocky with my mum in hospital and I've taken a few days back in Suffolk. I made the journey home to see my mum. Whilst she's not great, she definitely getting better and I can return home this afternoon knowing she'll be ok. But even in the weeks where things seem grey and tears were shed there's always wonderful moments that we should appreciate...

1. Daffodils. Everywhere I look their sunny heads are brightening the place. I bought a bunch of tight buds on a whim at the supermarket on Friday and marvelled all weekend at how quickly their blooms unfurled. The bunch, sat on my desk in a pitcher formerly from Wetherspoons, never failed to cheer my spirits.

2. Cinnamon Buns. I've said this so many times, but sometimes all you need is a walk on your own. Even when the weather is all misty and murky a walk to the sea always calms me. I sat on a bench right next to the lighthouse and watched boats go across the sound. The best addition to this; a cinnamon bun the size of my head!

3. Train travel. Whilst my reason for a 6 hour train journey was not a joyous one the actual act of travel is something |I enjoy. The hours stretched out with nothing but a good book and the perfect excuse to read it. I seem to have lost the time to read so the hours on a train were lovely. That is until I met the most fascinating woman who I chatted to for hours! I love hearing other people's stories.

4. No coat. This week I have not had to put on a coat once! It feels a little bit like the seasons are changing. I was even brave enough not to bring one home with me.

5. Empty flat. This weekend I had the flat all to myself just for an evening and it was absolute bliss. I put early 00's tunes on full blast and danced through the corridor. I had a lovely luxurious shower whilst still belting out my tunes at the top of my voice. And then I snuggled up nice and early to watch TV and eat chocolate.

6. Lemon, ginger and honey tea. This is a new discovery for me and a perfect evening drink. My flatmate had left a few teabags in her cupboard when she moved out and I am not one to waste. A big mug of this to get me warm and snug after an evening training was just what I needed. It's like a zingy, comforting hug.

7. Spending time with my brother. I miss my family when I'm at uni. I miss singing at the top of our lungs on nighttime drives. I miss sharing Chinese food straight from the packet. I miss all those silly little phrases and inside jokes. It was lovely to be with him for a little while.

And there we have another week of moments captured. Little happy moment that make me smile. For more check out these lovely ladies: SallyJoHelenMichelleSarah, CatSamEl KerriMimmiMartina , Peta and Kelly or share on twitter with #wonderfulwednesday.

Kate xx

10 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your Mum - sending you all the best wishes and it's lovely to see that you've found some things to make you smile amidst what must be a very challenging time for you.

    Anna xx | The Girl In The Moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your Mum, I hope she gets better soon!
    I love seeing the daffodils out at the minute, and Sunday was my first day for no coat too and it genuinely made me so happy! Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No coat days are the best! Thank you Laura x

      Delete
  3. Sending warm positive thoughts your way, hope you are okay and I am glad to hear she is getting better. Its so lovely you are able to keep positive and focus on the wonderful moments, despite the sad times.

    Hope the rest of your week gets better xx

    Lynsey || One More Slice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's important to keep positive. Have a lovely weekend xx

      Delete
  4. I've been loving seeing all the spring flowers poking out everywhere too! I've also never tried a cinnamon bun but I feel like this is something I need to change!

    Tarnya xx
    www.sweetallure.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like you definitely need a cinnamon bun (or many) in your life! xx

      Delete
  5. Sending lots of love your mums way, that must have been awful for you (and the bro).
    So glad she's on the way up though. And well done on finding the good bits of a tough week, it always helps me. Daffs and the seaside and long old train journeys are always good for the soul.
    Happy rest of the week to you
    M xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the love! She's definitely on the mend.
      Have a lovely weekend xx

      Delete