Wednesday, 19 April 2017

Wonderful Wednesday #56


Welcome to another of my wonderful Wednesday witterings. This week you find me relaxed. Chilled as my Grandma puts it. She really does think she's down with the kids! As I'm still at home, I have spent most of my time just pottering. Doing bits and pieces here and there. Spending time with lovely people and generally just appreciating how magnificent this place I call home is. Whether it's my lovely family and friends, the gorgeous scenery (which I fear I took for granted for years) or the spaniel one, it's been lovely in a slow way.

1. Norwich. This is another place I took for granted when I lived here. Take my day there on Thursday. t comprised of cheese scones the size of my head from an independent cafe, watching the amazing Kinks musical, Sunny Afternoon and then happening upon an LGBT protest. Not to mention the hour spent happily in the new library surround by calm and lots of books!

2. Just the best frites. Another day, another catch up meal. It seems to be the talk of these holidays. This time the most amazing frites (cos I'm so down with the french lingo) were coupled with chats about religion and love and loss and belonging. I'm astounded by the intellect of my closest friends and how important our deep chats are.

3. Blossom. The tree that sits halfway down my garden has just exploded this week. The cherry blossom was threatening it all of last week and today it sits in the sunshine a complete riot of pink, the tree bursting with blooms.


4. Just a little thank you. Just a small boy after his first cricket session ever rushing over to me to thank me, with the biggest smile on his face. Closely followed my his mum who thanked me for even letting him join and taking the time to help him. Those are the first steps on his journey and it's why I coach.

5. Training for myself. This week I have been spending time working on myself. An hour bowling on my own on a completely deserted field (until 3 teenage boys turned up and were complete idiots, but less said about the better). An hour spent improving myself for me.

6. Talented others. My friend is a pretty marvellous musician and spending Easter Sunday evening in a country pub with a cider and her acoustic/ folky tunes was lovely. She played a real mix of songs from 80s classics all the way to Taylor Swift all adapted in her style. But it was her rendition of Songbird that got me. A beautiful song, played to perfection. I wanted to weep, but you know packed pub and all...

7. Sunset walks. Rounding off a lovely bank holiday weekend with walking Ben with my brother. We went just as the sun started to dip below the horizon. I go on about sunsets a lot, but they really do bring me joy. I never get tired of how they change and are unique. Plus spending precious moments with my brother is special too.

And there we have it for another week. By the time I write next week's post I will be back in Plymouth and am highly likely to be a lot more busy, but for now I will spend the last few days here taking it easy. For more head over to the rest of the gang: SallyJoHelenMichelleSarah, CatSamEl KerriMimmiMartina , Peta, Kelly and Emma.  Let me know if you are also #wonderfulwednesday - ing and I'll add you to my list. Let me know what has made your week a little bit special by commenting or getting involved on twitter. We're such a friendly bunch, promise!

Kate xx

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a perfect week with friends, relaxing at home. Isn't it wonderful being back with loved ones, and 'chilling' after the busyness of university!

    I am too, in admiration of the glorious scenery that Spring brings! Having the sun shining puts everyone in such good spirits! xx

    Lynsey || One More Slice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice just to relax with loved ones and it's energised me to hit the ground running now I'm back. The sunshine is definitely lifting my mood. xx

      Delete
  2. Sunset walks are amazing! I also love walking at night and looking at all the stars :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! Starlit walks are great. Shame you don't see many in Plymouth so I always appreciate them when I'm home xx

      Delete
  3. The blossom is lovely this year, it's not been ruined by wind and rain x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it typical that usually just as the blossom comes out it pours and it's all lost to the ground? xx

      Delete
  4. I am loving all the blossoms that are out at the moment. I haven't had a chance to get out for some photos so I'm just hoping there isn't a big gust of wind tonight and they'll all be gone tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you managed to capture the beautiful blossom! xx

      Delete