Wednesday, 3 May 2017

Wonderful Wednesday #58


Another week has gone by in a blink of an eye. I can't quite believe that I only have 2 more months of university left of my first year. It seems to have gone by so quickly. Again this week I have been mostly hunkered down in the library writing my last assignments. Thankfully I've had time to squeeze in some little plans to keep my motivation going.

1. Arty. This week we covered art teaching in our university seminars. I had so much fun getting creative again. We used so many different materials and techniques. Working individually then creating a collaborative piece. More to follow on this...

2. Cricket watching. Last Wednesday was the first game of the season for the university men's teams and we all had a lovely afternoon watching. What can be better than an afternoon in the sun with cider and sweets making you a little hyper and a good game of cricket to watch? Oh yes, a uni win! This week one of my really good friends will be making her first appearance for the men's teams. Not just hers, but the first woman ever. Sending her massive luck, although she won't need it, she's amazing!

3. Good food. A chilled out evening of lovely food, much cheese and chat was a good way to spend Thursday evening. My flatmate had just finished an exam and it was time to celebrate.

4. Being videoed. This one is mainly a shout out to improving oneself (don't know why it went all posh there). In the next couple of months I am doing another course in cricket coaching. Before I go I have to create a video of myself coaching. Whilst it was so awkward and I never knew I did so many weird arm actions, I am so looking forward to using the video to improve myself.

5. Cooking together. Just a nights in with flatmates sharing the cooking duties and creating mountains of curry and spag bol. Then chatting whilst you trying to trek through the massive portions that you've somehow managed to make.

6. The arrival of books. A couple of very lovely Amazon orders came this week. Having sent most of uni reading academic books, I missed reading for pleasure. I spent the bank holiday afternoon snuggled up from the rain reading and it was all kinds of lovely.

7. Having an 8am library buddy. The library is starting to become a bit of a chore, especially when I know everyone else is in bed. This week my friend has been joining me for the early starts and it's been nice to have company especially when she brings mini rolls!

8. Long catch up phone calls. When you are 6 hours the other side of the country a long chat with friends is important. Whilst we message all the time, it's not quite the same as listening to their voice. So an hour of Sunday afternoon was spent just chatting about cricket and life.

And there we have another week. Today will mostly be spent in a forest learning how to teach in the outdoors and trying to keep up with the cricket scores. Hope you are all having a lovely week. For more happy moments head over to the rest of the #WonderfulWednesday gang: SallyJoHelenMichelleSarah, CatSamEl KerriMimmiMartina , Peta, Kelly and Emma. Let us know what's been making your week special in the comments or #wonderfulwednesday

Kate xx

8 comments:

  1. This is a such a lovely lovely list Kate! Reading all curedl up as the rain pours down outside; cooking with friends; catching up with friends; achieving new goals and video-ing yourself - i hate myself on camera - you never sound or look like you think you do, do you?! But we had to do it in uni too and it actually sort of teaches you quite alot about yourself doesn't it?

    Well done for nearly completing first year - it sounds like you have aced it!!!!

    Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely one. I just always think I sounds and look completely different to when I see a photo or video of myself. But, t was very interesting to see actually. I'm knd of looking forward to my course at the weekend to analysis it.
      Kate xx

      Delete
  2. Using a video to self improve?? That's some proper adulting and I love your positivity about it. And hurray for mini rolls and good friends and making stuff! All excellent ingredients for the perfect week.
    Have a fantastic rest of the days
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't think I'm properly adulting, I haven't done washing in about 4 weeks! But, it was very interesting to watch the video back and I'm actually quite looking forward to analysising it.
      Thanks lovely one xx

      Delete
  3. Haha oh I have sympathy for you watching yourself coach on video! It's always so weird to see candid photo/video of yourself doing what you do all the time. I know I always think, like you, "what's with the arm movements?" :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what I'm doing through most of it!! x

      Delete
  4. So many good things on your list this week Kate, it's making me happy! I love that first photo too, the skies just look gorgeous there. I hope the last 2 months of uni go nice and smoothly for you too, it'll zip by and then you'll feel so accomplished when it's done and you can have a good break! Do you have any plans immediately after uni or are you going to take a break from studying for a while? I love it when new books arrive too, it's a always a good post day when it's new books. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of weeks off after uni, then I go straight into working for the summer, but it's cricket based so something I'm really going to enjoy. I had another good, book post day this week so feeling all sorts of happy! xx

      Delete