Wednesday, 10 May 2017

Wonderful Wednesday #59


Good morning and welcome to the sunshine. Despite hiding from the inevitable burn I am really rather enjoying this sunshiney weather we've been having recently. It makes me want to get outside and now that I have handed my final assignment of the year in that's fully what I intend to do.

1. Forest Walk. Last Wednesday I spent the day on a walk around a forest and exploring all the ways you could use the natural environment to teach children. We skimmed stones and built dens. I used a flint to start my very own fire. The moment of realising I could do it and watching my little pile of shavings burn was pretty cool. We then toasted marshmallows and had hot chocolate whilst singing. What a lovely group to be with. Despite the hike up the hill, the views were amazing and bluebells carpeted the woods.

2. Light evenings. Those evenings when it's 8.30pm and still warm enough to have the window open and the light streaming in. The sky is still blue and bright and the music from the nearby bar gently drifts in.

3. Books. Another little order of books came this week and now that my assignments are finished I can indulge in some reading for pleasure rather than academic texts. I cannot wait to sink my teeth into Laura Jane Williams offerings. Her blog is amazing too. Go and check her out here.

4. Fajitas. Friday night was Fajita night. After 2 hours of intense training we had a mountain of food. The packet may have stated it was to serve 4, but I think they were wrong as me and my friend devoured the lot.

5. First Game of the Season. It's the moment I've been waiting for since Septembers last year when I packed my outdoor kit away. The first game of the outdoor cricket season is always special and to share it with my uni team, some of whom it was their first outdoor game ever, was amazing. We came against a strong opposition, but everyone did so well. Also the cricket tea was damn good and if that's not enough reason for you to play a sport I don't know what is.

6. Waffles and walks. Last night my flatmates and I headed down to the Hoe to watch the sunset. The weather was warm and we spent a while sitting on the grass and attempting gymnastics. We absolutely nailed the human pyramid, just saying. Then as the sun started setting we walked towards it in the hope of a good view. What we stumbled upon instead was an amazing pudding restaurant with gelato, sundaes and waffles galore. I had what is possibly the best waffle ever topped with chocolate sauce, banana and brownies.

7. Shorts weather. This may possibly be my favourite time of the year. The moment where the weather just tips over into warm enough for me to get my legs out. With newly shaved legs (the smoothness is so good) I've been rocking shorts for sport and everyday this week. They are just so practical and comfortable.

There's another list of happy things. Today will mostly be spent watching cricket and getting dolled up to go to an awards ceremony where our uni team is nominated for an award. Fingers firmly crossed, but just excited for a lovely night with the girls. For more wonderful moments check out the rest of the gang: SallyJoHelenMichelleSarah, CatSamEl KerriMimmiMartina , Peta, Kelly and Emma use the hashtag #wonderfulwednesday or comment below.

Kate xx

6 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you have handed in your final assignment! Enjoy the sunshine and all the wonderfulness it brings.

    PLUS that pudding restaurant is RIGHT up on my street. If im ever in Plymouth you'll have to hook a girl up! xx


    Lynsey || One More Slice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynsey, if you're ever in Plymouth we should go!!
      Kate xx

      Delete
  2. Love that lighthouse shot! It's such a happy image! H xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, love living by the lighthouse xx

      Delete
  3. It makes such a difference to come home to the sunshine and throw the windows open. I am really looking forward to it warming up enough to have dinner on the patio.

    Sam • Paper & Lilacs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dinner on the patio sounds lush! Can't wait for summer bbqs xx

      Delete