Wednesday, 22 February 2017

Wonderful Wednesday #48


I missed a week. Slap my wrist somebody. And to make me feel even worse for missing a week, this week I had some particular Wonderful Wednesday goodness. To be honest it's been one of the busiest weeks of my time at university, but a pretty damn stonking one. The business is nothing to do with university and everything to do with adventuring, being with wonderful people and being a better person. So maybe I'm allowed a little bit of slack... and an extra Wonderful Wednesday this time round.

1. Extra big Wonderful Wednesday excitement in real life. This one must go tip top of the list because last weekend I met Lynsey and Michelle. We met, scoffed yummy food at Boston Tea Party and chatted about anything and everything. It was so lovely to meet them both and finally put real life people to our wonderful Wednesday gang. They are both just as marvellous as I expected. Thank you for a lovely few hours and the bakes ladies. Also the train journey from Exeter to Plymouth is pretty spectacular. Think vast landscapes and stretches where the train runs right by the coast.

2. Phenomenal Women. Now I think we're all in agreement that we live among some blooming phenomenal women, but being told you're one of them is such a massive boost. I attended a female coaching conference and the message was just that. Being in a room of 50 amazing coaches who are working their socks off to enable more people to play cricket is amazing. The atmosphere was supportive and inspiring and I can't wait to put everything into practise soon. I'll leave you with a poem by Maya Angelou, that was included in the opening speech... Phenomenal Women

3. Visitors. Last week was made particularly busy by the arrival of my Mum for a few days and then my oldest friends from home. They all made the 6 hour journey down to see me and we had a wonderful time exploring Plymouth and scoffing our faces. I got a little emotional with how far they had travelled to see me and the chocolate orange hot cross buns they'd brought with them.

4. Beaches in February. Sat on the beach without a coat with mugs of hot chocolate from a flask just people watching with my two lovely friends from home. Is this what dreams are made of? We walked up to the church on the hill and talked life plans as the sky turned paler and the pinky clouds crept in to the edges.

5. Brownies. No I lied in the previous point, I tell you what dreams are made of. The massive wedges of brownie that were just perfectly gooey and super chocolatey. We took so long deciding at the little stall and finally plumped for one chocolate orange, one kinder bueno and one raspberry and white chocolate and I can safely vouch for all three. Bold claim, but I think they may be the best brownies I have ever eaten!

6. MVP. This is a bit of a blow my own trumpet moment, but I'm going to do it anyway. This week the cricket leagues stats came out and I'm top ten for like everything and somehow second most valuable player (which is what MVP stands for in case you're not sure). I had to have a little sit down, then a dance round the flat. We're not at the end of the league so everything could change, but I'm a little bit proud of myself, especially as there's some bloody could players playing.

7. Long chats. I start to worry about my friend and I. How on earth can we talk for 3 and a half hours about cricket non stop and not get bored? And not repeat ourselves? But that's what we did yesterday. Over mugs of hot chocolate we chatted plans and what we want to achieve. It was definitely worth tidying my room for!

That's all for now folks. I've a pretty stonking bumper 2 weeks and now it's your turn. Use #wonderfulwednesday to tell us what's been making you smile and get along to these lovely ladies' blogs:  JoHelenMichelleSarahSallyCatSamEl Kerri's,Mimmi's, Lynsey Martina's AND lovely Isabelle.

Let me know if you write a post too and I'll add you to the list. The gang is growing so quickly I can't keep up!
Kate xx

6 comments:

  1. It was SUPER lovely to put real life people to the WW gang! Couldn't of put it better myself! Also congrats for being the MVP! xx

    PLUS where is the recipe for these brownies?!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had the recipe, Lynsey! I bought them from the market on campus. x

      Delete
  2. So very much awesomeness in one post. Huge well done on being a super wonderful cricket sort and a phenomenal woman to boot.
    And it was really completely and utterly lovely to see your actual face, a HUGE highlight of my week.
    Here's to more Devon adventures and so very much more coatless hot chocolate on beaches in February. It's when Devon really cannot be beaten.

    Have a truly wonderful rest of the week
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you muchly lovely lady. I think I might be falling in love with Devon and my friends from home certainly did.
      xx

      Delete
  3. AArgh, you guys met up, that's SO exciting! LOL Carlisle is literally the opposite end of the country from you guys, but it would be lovely for all WW'ers to meet up one day too. Many congrats on your cricket fabulousness! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so awesome and needs to happy one day!!
      xx

      Delete