Friday, 21 April 2017

Yellow is the Colour of the Moment




Right now there's great big splashes of yellow all over the countryside. They liven up the usual green and brown crops. The oilseed rape seems to me the sunniest of the fields. Right after the last hit of yellow from daffodils, primroses and celandine the fields come into their own. Despite Spring being a time of pastels, it is yellow that I really associate with the season. 

Recently I've taken to picking up a book and finding a location to just read for an hour or so.

This weeks reading: Following On by Emma John (a memoir based on Emma's teenage obsession with the England Cricket team). A wonderfully, relatable book about how a fan follows a sports team and the foibles of cricket. She looks back and interviews players from the time, contrasting her youthful naive views with that of the players.

This week's location: Right next to this beautiful yellow field in beautiful sunshine.

This week's outfit: The comfiest tshirt under my dungarees just rolled up at the cuff for springtime sunshine.

Kate xx

2 comments:

  1. What lovely photos! I'm seeing yellow everywhere too and I LOVE it, it's such a happy colour xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you El! Isn't it just? Really brightening my mood xx

      Delete