Well this has been one of the most lovely and tiring weeks. I have packed in so much as I'm only home for such a short space of time, but also made time for doing lovely things that make me happy. It's been such a lovely blend of socialising and time spent completely for me.
1. Spontaneous Adventures. I've already written about it here, but this week my university flatmate came to stay with me on the spur of the moment. We had a magical, amazing couple of days noticing the awesomeness of nature and even making friends with this little guy.
2. Coaching. Cricket coaching has taken a bit of a back seat whilst I've been at university so it was great to get stuck in this week. I have helped out at everything from school sessions to club sessions with the tiny people and loved every second. Makes me realise how much I miss it and how important cricket is in my life.
3. Breakfast in bed. On a lazy Friday morning I made myself a breakfast of warm croissants spread with nutella and a mountain of fresh cherries that our neighbour had brought around. He'd picked them the previous day off the tree in his garden. Yummy breakfast provided by the kindness of neighbours.
4. The best shower. You know when you have used such yummy smelling items and your hair feels all soft and damp. I put on a pair of new pj shorts with the faintest glittery thread through the stripe with my softest, big university tshirt on. I was so snug and comfy that I slept like a baby.
5. Cricket commentary. After a very hot morning of coaching, I spent the afternoon relaxing and listening to the cricket commentary. There's something so chilled about it that I may have even had a little nap.
6. Desert Island Discs. Enter Sue Perkins. I loved her already and now that has multiplied exponentially. She's so real and talks matter of factly about her life. I just can't describe how brilliant it was. You'll have to listen to it yourself - it's on iplayer now!
7. Drinks on painted benches. That drink happened to be an elderflower cordial and it was a lovely refresh. Drank outside under the canopy of a little theatre with 2 wonderful friends whilst we filled each other in with our lives. Then we strolled off in search of cake.
8. Meals. My friend cooked burgers with oozy cheese centres. I ate an amazing roasted squash and goats cheese tart. I had a stonking cricket tea complete with homemade brownie. I guess what I'm trying to say is the food this week has been a bit of alright!
9. Sharing photos. This week I had the chance to catch up with my Grandma and aunt. They've never been to Plymouth or met any of my friends down there. They also don't own computers so never see photos online. Therefore, it was lovely to flick through the memories of the year through photos with them.
10. The smell of rain. We have heat and then the storm comes to cool us. I can't fully describe the smell of summer rain, but it's fresh and grassy and cleanses the air. Plus it's such a super relaxing noise to fall asleep to with the window open a crack to let the freshness in.
11. First barley harvest. There's something very nostalgic about the first harvest. It really brings out the country bumpkin in me. Where the neighbours used to let me ride in the combine or help drive the tractors. That dusty, strawy smell that only comes from the combine.
Now I thought last week was going to be a bumper edition, but this has definitely pipped it to the post. Such a lovely week. This week I'm looking forward to a trip to Bristol to stay with a friend and watch some cricket and starting my summer job - also cricket based obviously! Now it's your turn to hare the fab moments of the week and check out the rest of the gang: Sally, Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri, Mimmi, Martina , Peta, Kelly and Emma's blogs and use the hashtag on twitter and instagram - #WonderfulWednesday.