Wednesday, 13 September 2017

Wonderful Wednesday #72



This week finds me just buzzing away. So many ideas and lot more sleep has got me all kinds of excited. I guess the impending return to university has got me excited as well. There's something about new beginnings that always makes me motivated. So let's see what other lovely things have got me excited this week...

1. Yoga. I don't know if it's because I've slept funny or what, but my shoulders and back have felt all kinds of tight and achey. This week I did a little yoga video designed to help out and cor blimey, I couldn't believe how good it felt. Not only did it relax all my muscles, t made me stop and just concentrate on one thing for 15 minutes and it's not often that happens. I felt blimming marvellous afterwards and I can't wait to get this into my routine.

2. Storm. I don't know about you but I love a storm. Obviously I'm not talking the fiercely dangerous ones that poor America is facing right now. I've talking the thunder and lightening that we experience. I just love watching the power of nature. It's just so awe inspiring. Plus on Monday night it cleared the air and gave way to the most beautiful golden sunset which made me think autumn was on its way.

3. Dreams. I think it's so important to talk about your dreams and hopes. To give them audible space in the world so that they are one step closer to reality. My friends and I spent an evening talking about dreams. Everything from travelling adventures to things we'd love to do and career goals. These are beautiful, brave, ambitious ladies and I'm so happy to call them my friends.

4. Belly Laughs. When you haven't seen your friend for months then the best activity is pancakes and belly laughs. We went to cute little cafe with its own resident pygmy goats and caught up with everything.

5. Educating Greater Manchester. I've really got into this program as I do with every single one of these series. The show is heartwarming and shows the true resilience and kindness of teenagers. A bit of a tearjerker, but great telly.

6. Family. Having spent most of my summer (and the year at university) away from my family it's mean lovely this week to spend some quality time with them and as it mostly involves eating too I'm really not complaining.

7. A new coat. I hate shopping with a vengeance, but this week I managed a productive trip and the crowning glory was a coat. This coat is a tailored grey long jacket. Honestly when I put it on I feel put together and powerful. I just think this is going to be a piece of clothing that I can put on and feel confident and that gets a big thumbs up from me.

That's another week gone then, they are certainly racing through. This time next week I will be persuading the new first years what an amazing sport cricket is and getting them to join. There's even more at these lovely ladies' blogs:  SallyJoHelenMichelleSarah, CatSamEl KerriMimmiMartina , Peta, Kelly and Emma and get in touch with yours by commenting or using the hashtag #wonderfulwednesday on twitter or instagram.

Kate xx

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about yoga. I am having the same problem in my back and shoulders and it's working a treat. I am unbelievably clicky and knotty at the moment though!

    I don't think we spend enough time talking about dreams and hopes, or positive stuff in general really. It can be so easy to focus on the negatives so I'm making much more of an effort on this front myself.

    Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Sam
    Paper & Lilacs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so clicky. Is it the change in weather with the seasons or something?
      Definitely do Sam. It feels all sorts of motivating.
      Thanks
      xx

      Delete
  2. Pancakes and belly laughs, that's where the happiness is at.

    ReplyDelete